Advices for climbers
• Check your climbing equipment before you go climbing
• Train regularly and climb only the routes which are suitable for your current skill level
• Gather information about the routes you want to climb
• Test your own and you partner's knowledge of handling the equipment and techniques
• Warm up before climbing
• Communicate with your partner
• Protect your head (wear a helmet!)
• For climbing long routes it is advisable to bring a set of nuts, some cams and ropes.
Code of conduct at the climbing site
• Climbing is permitted only at the climbing site in Velika Paklenica canyon
• Full climbing equipment must be used (helmet!)
• Do not climb alone; solo climbing is prohibited!
• Setting up new or changing existing routes without permission of the Public Institution is strictly prohibited
• You climb at your own risk
• All information about the routes is available in Paklenica Climbing Guide (author: B. Čujić, published by Astroida d.o.o., Zagreb)
PROTECT THE NATURE!
• To prevent terrain erosion, walk only on marked routes
• While climbing, be careful not to knock down any stones – you may hurt someone!
• There are many endemic plant species on the rocks in the canyon. Don’t pick or harm them.
• A large number of birds nest on the rocks. Don’t disturb them and if you come across a nest with eggs on the route, please inform us about it!
• Due to the presence of rare or endangered animal or plant species, some routes may be closed for climbers.
• Don’t damage trees and bushes
• Take your rubbish with you, don’t leave anything behind
• Noise also pollutes the environment. Don’t make too much noise (don’t shout) while climbing
• Camping is not permitted in Paklenica National Park!
ADVICE OF CMRS IN CASE OF ACCIDENT:
• Keep calm and keep others calm
• Protect yourself and the injured person from any immediate danger (from falling, falling rocks, suffocating, cold, humidity, etc.) as best you can
• Provide first aid to the injured person to the best of your abilities
• Mark the location of the accident and the location of the injured person (especially in winter)
• Urgently inform the CMRS!
In case of an accident, call 112!
CMRS Station Zadar 091/721-0010